RV Supertramp Homepage

These forums are now closed in favour of new technology. They retained here for archival purposes.

Click here to go to our new Forums.
See what's new on RV Supertramp
RV Social
Wiki - PP & C
Q & A Forum
Directories
RV Sales - Free RV Classifieds Articles, New Feeds and much more ...
Join and Contribute

Forum Home Forum Home > General and Introductions > What's On? Events Calendar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSANDOWN CARAVAN SHOW - Event Date: 01 October 2009 - 04 October 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gun
Gun

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: SANDOWN CARAVAN SHOW
    Posted: 21 September 2009 at 2:46pm

SANDOWN LEISUREFEST CARAVAN/CAMPING - 4 X 4 & BOAT SHOW
Sandown Racecourse (Melbourne). Mel Ref: 80 D9
Thursday 1st - Sunday 4th October
10.am - 5 pm Daily. Free Parking

I don't have a stand at this show, but will be attending on Friday 2nd to have a look around and catch up with a few manufacturers, dealers and sales staff.
If you want to meet up.
I'll be at the top of the steps outside the show office between 11.00 - 11.30.
I look forward to meeting a few forum members.
Contact details whilst at the show. Mob: 0418 501 803
ozjohn
More show info at http://www.melbourneleisurefest.com.au/

Ford Territory & 17'6" Roma Elegance Pop Top.
ACC V00118
Oz Parks Director - Retired Engineer - Ex-Caravan Consultant & Park Owner.

Sponsored Links

Geriatric Gypsies View Drop Down
Gun
Gun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2009 at 1:29am
this will be first year missed since it started 2 reasons 1 wont be anywhere near and 2 not allowed by the boss as i will cause trouble at the Windsor stand because of all the problems we have had and found recently with our van
hope those that go enjoy themselves we reckon its great show

steve 
4.2 gu tdi patrol with a windsor genesis gc705s.
retired/tired sparky.
member vks737 callsign mobile 0238.
made the west coast now just drifting towards the southwest
n
ozjohn View Drop Down
Gun
Gun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2009 at 7:17pm
Just got got back from the show somewhat footsore and with croaky voice.
I was delighted to meet a few Forum & ACC members at the show and more than happy I could broker a great deal on a new shower van for one of our Oz Parks members.
There are 3 major accessory outlets at the show, but on the outside concourse the big 2, Camec & Carac were extremely competitive and some good prices were on offer for most items. With only a little haggling I got a couple or excellent mark downs for myself and a Club Member from the Carac Stand.
Camec had Aussie Truck Mirrors for a massive $120 each and a couple of Clones as well for as low as $62 each.
Carac had a good quality Clone for $65 each.
The pick of the vans hasn't changed much with regard to build integrity, overall finish, presentation and price.
My personal choices would be(In no particular order). Crusader - Regent - Retreat - Galaxy - Regal - Roma.
I particularly liked the finish and presentation of the Sunliner, but wonder about the very strange fridge installation.
The main downside would be the hefty price and the fact that it doesn't sport a rear bumper to protect what is an extremely expensive and nice looking rear end.
Fridge installations in general still remain a major concern as it still appear that manufacturers really don't give installation much importance. The attitude of many appears to be 'They don't work anyway, so why should we waste our time".
Properly installed they work very well. What is it going to take for these people to do the job right?
Maybe when a Coroner hands down a  Manslaughter finding in a food poisoning death against a manufacture who failed to install a fridge in accordance with the fridge manufacturers guidelines.
OK off my hobby horse now.  Yep! Enjoyed this mini show.
ozjohn.
Ford Territory & 17'6" Roma Elegance Pop Top.
ACC V00118
Oz Parks Director - Retired Engineer - Ex-Caravan Consultant & Park Owner.

rosco01 View Drop Down
Gun
Gun

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2009 at 12:26pm
We finally made it to the show on Friday just after lunch..... I intended to arrive early enough to catch up with OzJ - but a quick telephone call revealed that we had missed one another by "minutes"...... probably passed one another in the car park....... aarrghh - work, and its "usual" critical "late running" factor directly proportional to need for punctuality.......

This has been the second "leisure" show we have made.... but now with a van on the "books" we focused on more specific components... and needs.

What we both found "standing out" was the age group of most people present ..... whether by "choice" or co-incidence with regard to time frame...... I have to warn you, retiree caravaners..... we will amount to be a mass to be reckoned with......
We, Baby Boomers - are going to "carpet" the northern half of our wondrous country during nomad season...... we'll be everywhere.... and almost the entirety of those taking in this show Friday afternoon which we mulled around within the "herd"  -  prove testament to this .....
It is comforting that our choice of van (tandem shower/toilet) may prove to be "preferred" - affording an alternative should CP venues "spill over" .........

We were on the "hunt" for some bargains.... sadly, either we couldn't get a look in for people adorning "colour challenged hair" or they had already been snavelled up ...... we did come away with a fire extinguisher and a fire blanket..... not to mention some clever lower back support inserts.........

Again, van displays were dominated by one manufacturer..... sadly, I found that there has not been any improvement in areas I had issues with previously.... but probably whilst the market supports them this will continue....

Of the "other" manufacturer vans, we are again most happy with our choice.... and spent some time looking through them in finer detail.... I do not believe we will suffer the "don't look any further" syndrome when we finally take possession....

We did note this time, greater attention being directed to the "van" area than at the previous show - and particularly to the size/layout of what we have chosen.... perhaps this resulted from the age group in mass.......

Well worth the effort and many, many "attractions" to fit in over a three/four hour visit.....

frats,
Rosco
18'6 Retreat Lindeman
'09 Hilux dual cab diesel auto.
ACC V 00191
retired
 Post Reply Post Reply