RV Supertramp Homepage

These forums are now closed in favour of new technology. They retained here for archival purposes.

Forum Home Forum Home > Workshop > Bits 'n' Pieces > Batteries, Chargers, Solar and Generators
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedKipor GS770 Generator

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rouseabout
Rouseabout

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr Whippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kipor GS770 Generator
    Posted: 27 July 2011 at 2:30am
Don't have a Kipor myself and don't plan to buy one. I have heard a lot of good and bad stories on these things. I think it is a bit of a lottery when buying one of these.

As for AGR machinery I would not go near them. I will not go into details on a public forum but will happily discuss this through PM if any one is interested.

Dave
Sponsored Links

Rebelone View Drop Down
Gun
Gun

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rebelone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Mr Whippy

Don't have a Kipor myself and don't plan to buy one. I have heard a lot of good and bad stories on these things. I think it is a bit of a lottery when buying one of these.

As for AGR machinery I would not go near them. I will not go into details on a public forum but will happily discuss this through PM if any one is interested.

Dave
Everyones entitled to an opinion, but I stand my coments in regards to agr machinery and especially the MTM generators, as for Kipor generators I have had no experiance with them so will neither rubish or promote them.
Bugs me a bit though when a forum member bags a company or product and then wont divulge what their gripe is with the product or company - this is the only forum that I visit that I see this on a regular basis?????
Merv
I plan on living forever - so far so good
joeb View Drop Down
Rouseabout
Rouseabout

Post Options Post Options   Quote joeb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 4:45pm
Merv.  as I can see Dave is willing to discuss his gripe through pm but not on public forum perhaps possibly for legal reasonsEmbarrassed
joe
jayco freedom poptop fg falcon
wife jan & dog diesel
Mr Whippy View Drop Down
Rouseabout
Rouseabout

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr Whippy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2011 at 5:06pm
It's not me personally that has a gripe with AGR. I would not buy anything from them to gripe about.

I know of people who have, and the biggest problem is when there is a warranty claim. They don't answer there emails, and when they do there are no parts available. Sometimes they will replace the item after you pay the return freight.  I don't like companies that don't have a phone contact. It is very easy to hide behind cyber space.

The reason I preferred to discuss this in private is because I read some where that it is not forum etiquette to post links to other forums. But I will so here it is. Mods delete this if you wish.

This thread I am directing you to is 15 pages long but I advise anyone considering AGR to read this first. I have had phone contact with its author as I was considering purchasing one myself.

http://www.aulro.com/afvb/general-chat/103081-chinese-log-splitters.html

Dave.
Rebelone View Drop Down
Gun
Gun

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rebelone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by joeb

Merv.  as I can see Dave is willing to discuss his gripe through pm but not on public forum perhaps possibly for legal reasonsEmbarrassed
What legal reasons? I have seen companies and products adversely critisised on numerous occassions on several forums (check out the Pajero forum for one) and have never heard of anyone being sued for their comments. So long as what you say is factual or has "been my experiance with xyz brand or company" then what grounds has anyone got to sue over.

Many people use these forums to gain an insight into a particular brand product that they may be interested in and then they read a post by someone saying that xyz brand is not a product that I would recomend without qualifying that statement. To say if anyone is interested then PM me just adds more doubt in peoples mind that there is something sinister about the product, and lets face it not all of us want to deal on a PM basis.

I have a mate friend - ex cop, who inevitably ends up having a blue or a complaint about almost every business he deals with or buys something from, it's him not them. If he was to go on a forum like this he would bag just about every product and company out there and a lot of people might make a decision on that product just because this fellow said " I would not recomend xyz because I have had poor dealings with them"

My personal opinion is if you are going to publicy cast aspersions on a product or company then publicy qualify the statement - otherwise say nothing in the first place. - rant finished
Merv
I plan on living forever - so far so good
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12